October 12, 2011

Let's Ice Skate!

Well, this week we tried out ice skating for the first time. I was surprised to learn that the lessons started at age 2, and I was excited to let Macey try it out. She's such an active little girl that I've been wanting to get her involved in something!

She had a blast! However...she didn't care so much for the "teaching" part. She couldn't have been less interested when the instructor was trying to tell her things, but she was loving it when she could attempt to do things on her own. Of course, there were lots of falls, but my independent little girl would only ask for help after she'd tried her hardest to get back up.

I was pretty impressed at how quickly she was able to figure out how to balance on the skates. After about 2 or 3 minutes, she had no problem just walking around with the skates on. All in all, we had a great time, but I don't think we'll be signing up for a full season of lessons until she's a little older. :-)




Easton LOVED watching!


Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment