So, I made this for dinner:
|Can you see the steam? Piping hot yumminess!|
- 4 thawed chicken breasts
- 1 packet of Zesty Italian Dressing dry mix (Didn't even know this existed. Seriously.)
- 1 package (8 oz.) of cream cheese
- 1-2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup (I made my own; recipe below.)
Now, about the condensed cream of chicken soup. I'm probably one of the pickiest grown ups you'll ever meet. I can't help it, but some things just don't taste good. Like olives for example. People who like those are lying. Anyway, I digress.
You know how when you buy cans of condensed cream of chicken soup it has those chunks of chicken in them? They always gross me out a little. Luckily, my friend at work (and her husband) are equally picky, so we share recipes and tips all the time! She told me they started making their cream of chicken soup from scratch for the same reason. I searched and Googled various versions, then came up with my own based on the different concoctions.
Ingredients for Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) of chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- A dash of paprika (No clue what a dash is. Good luck with that.)
- 1 and 1/2 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of flour
In a bowl, whisk together remaining milk and flour until it gets "gloopy" and thick. Pour that mixture into the saucepan and whisk away until it reaches the consistency you prefer!