August 19, 2013

21 Weeks Along

This pregnancy, I've been terrible about regular updates, so from this point forward I will attempt to update this little questionnaire each week!

How Far Along: 21 weeks (and 5 days)--due date Christmas Day. Although, I still firmly believe I'm a week farther along than the doctor will say, which would make my due date December 18. 

Baby is the size of a: Carrot...almost a pound and about 10.5 inches long.

Sleep: As per usual, I have a lot of hip pain when I lay down. But the good thing is that it's not waking me up once I finally fall asleep. However, I am already to the point where I pretty much wake up any time I need to turn over. Counting down the days until I can sleep on my stomach again!

Total Weight Gain: 10 pounds. (Don't be surprised if there comes a time when this question miraculously disappears...)

Symptoms: Nothing really. As I've said many times, my pregnancies have always been pretty boring, and I'm hoping this one stays that way. Currently my only pregnancy "symptom" is a growing belly.

Movement: Often! I started feeling little twitches here and there pretty early on this time around, and now I feel lots of movement all throughout the day.

Maternity Clothes: I'm in mostly maternity clothes, but I have one pair of regular jeans (they're a little stretchy) that still fit, quite a few regular tops still fit and all of my comfy workout/laying around the house clothes still fit fine. I'll boldly wear those comfies allllll 40 weeks. :-)

Go-to eats: Pizza always sounds amazingly delicious, and I've been making a little turkey (heated)/cheese wrap for lunch that's delicious. It's not special at all, it just tastes really, really good to me!

Best moment of the week: Not exactly directly baby-related, but the best moment this week was cleaning out Macey's room. It's been driving me crazy that her room was a madhouse, so yesterday we cleaned out the closet, drawers and the toy box (which included setting aside baby-friendly toys to bring back out in December). If this baby is a girl, she'll eventually share a room with Macey, so for my own sanity, I needed her room to be in better order.

Gender: Your guess is as good as mine (my guess is a boy, by the way). To my own surprise, not finding out the gender really hasn't been difficult. Even though we decided not to find out even before we were pregnant, a big part of me always thought one of us would cave. When that 20-week ultrasound happened, we were both still totally fine with keeping it a surprise. Then, the baby cooperated by being in a breech position, so the ultrasound technician couldn't even see, which means there's not even a gender listed in our chart anywhere. We couldn't change our minds at this point if we wanted to!

What I’m looking forward to: Right now, the next big milestone for me will be 24 weeks. With each new month, I feel so much closer to his/her arrival, and I'll hit 24 weeks at the beginning of September. Plus, we have a lot of fall birthdays in my family, so September-December always flies by...it'll probably feel like we're getting into the homestretch!


No comments:

Post a Comment