August 26, 2013

22 Weeks

How Far Along: 22 weeks & 5 days

Baby is the size of a: Spaghetti squash...11 inches and about a pound

Sleep: I've actually slept much better the past week! I've been getting out and walking more, which really helps. Plus, because we got rid of our cable service, I don't lay in the bed watching TV forever before finally winding down. Now, if I could just make myself stop watching Gossip Girl episodes on Netflix and get in the bed earlier...

Total Weight Gain: I haven't weighed this week, so we'll stick with around 10 pounds! Although I'm sure I've gained from last week. Stupid sweet tooth!

Symptoms: Nothing...boring, I know. Although, this morning I was overwhelmed with the smell of smoke when I stopped at a red light. I look to my left, and the person in the car next to me had his windows down and was smoking. Even though my windows were rolled up, I smelled his disgusting cigarette as if I were in the car with him. I don't know if the smell was that strong or if it was related to my pregnancy hormones. Yuck!

Movement: Very, very often. I'm willing to bet that he/she is still in the same breech position as at our 20-week check-up because all the kicks are hard and down low.

Maternity Clothes: I'm in mostly maternity clothes, but I have one pair of regular jeans (they're a little stretchy) that still fit, quite a few regular tops still fit and all of my comfy workout/laying around the house clothes still fit fine. I'll boldly wear those comfies allllll 40 weeks. :-)

Go-to eats: Pizza, cheeseburgers...thankfully, my willpower won't let me eat those things too often, but even willpower can't stop my mind from dreaming about them. Yummmm...one of the reasons I think this is a boy is because I just want a bunch of "boy/man" food--pizza, burgers, sandwiches, etc.

Best moment of the week: Feeling the baby's movement with my hand on my belly for the first time. So fun!

Gender: Still don't know, and we've got about...oh...16 weeks until we find out. I can't wait until the doctor announces what we have in the operating room!

What I’m looking forward to: Still looking forward to hitting the 24-week mark. I'm ready for fall (including boots and fall clothes) because then I'll really really feel like this baby will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment