April 5, 2012

Money, Money, Money

If you know me very well, you probably already know I'm cheap. I worry about money too often...except when I walk into Target, but that's neither here nor there.

Lately, God has really convicted me about that specific worry because it wastes too much of my time, not to mention the fact that all of my worries should be given over to him. Well, if God's been preparing me to give up this worry, he's clearly decided it's time for me to take the final exam.

About two weeks ago while driving to work, a good Samaritan flagged me down to tell me one of my tires was dangerously low on air. He was right. Turns out, three construction-grade staples somehow made their way into my tire, which had to be replaced. Tires aren't cheap.

Last week, as the temperatures got hotter, it became obvious that our upstairs a/c unit wasn't working, so we had a visit from our trusted HVAC buddy. He explained the problem and said we had three options, each one more expensive than the last.

The next morning, we took both dogs to the vet. Bailey needed all of her annual shots, and we wanted the vet to check out Dorsey's leg because she's been limping for a while. Yeah, she might have to have surgery. Fun. Taking her back to the vet tomorrow for x-rays to find out the real damage.

Last night, as I was feeding Easton his pre-dinner meal (this child eats a lot!), I heard a really weird noise coming from our laundry room. It sounded like a really loud buzzing or a motor trying to run. I cautiously went to the laundry room to discover that the washing machine was basically stuck in the middle of its cycle and couldn't do the final spin. Who knows how we'll get that fixed!?

But you know what? I'm thankful. Far too many people in this world don't have a car to take them places, a home to feel safe in, a dog to love or a machine to wash clothes. I'm way more blessed than I should be, and my worries are unnecessary.

Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! Living among people that are literally trying to figure out how to have food for that day has really given me a perspective change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have no doubt about that! It's easy to get caught up in your own little world, but I would imagine that seeing what you see every day has quite an impact on your perspective.

    ReplyDelete