April 9, 2012

Yummy Mexican Pasta Dinner!

I like trying out new recipes, but it's no secret that I'm a picky eater. Thankfully, a friend at work is just as picky, so we trade recipes a lot! Last week, she gave me a recipe for this really yummy beef-stuffed pasta shells that called for jumbo pasta shells...which I couldn't find after trying two different stores.

So, I changed it up, and it was delicious! Greg said, "This is so good, I don't know if I want you to find out the real way to make it!"

Ingredients
  • Pasta shells (I used about 1/3 of a Barilla box.)
  • 1 pound of ground beef (I prefer at least 90/10 ground sirloin.)
  • 4 ounces of cream cheese
  • Taco sauce (hmmm...about a cup)
  • Taco seasoning (I like the low sodium kind.)
  • Shredded cheeses (I used a mixture of cheddar and Mexican style)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef, drain and mix in seasoning according to the directions on the package. Mix in cream cheese and stir until the cheese is melted; set aside to cool. While the meat is cooling, cook pasta. After the pasta is cooked, pour about 1/2 cup of taco sauce (or salsa if you prefer) on the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Dump in pasta and meat mixture and mix it all up! Pour about 1/2 cup of taco sauce on the top and mix it around a bit. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle shredded cheese on top and cook uncovered for another 10 minutes. ENJOY! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment