June 28, 2011

Men Are Terrible Creatures

My husband is lucky I love him so much...and like him most of the time. :-)

A few weeks ago, I started the Couch 2 5K running program, which was a huge deal for me because I am NOT a runner. Even when I played sports, I didn't like running. So, yesterday I began week #3 of the 9-week program, and Greg decided to start running with me. As I'm huffing, puffing and praying to God to get me through the final minutes, Greg's just leisurely running along and pushing BOTH kids in the jogging stroller like it's the easiest thing he's ever done. He may not have even broken a sweat, and I could have watered our flower beds with my t-shirt by the time we were done.

Also keep in mind that for a at least two months now I've been working out (admittedly not as consistent as I should) and watching what I eat. That fact is VERY important as you read the next sentence. This morning, Greg hopped on the scale and said, "Hmmm...I lost six pounds." SIX POUNDS! After two runs. 

I told him he couldn't be my running partner anymore.

2 comments:

  1. girl i would do the same thing. there are very few things that jared and i can do together and both of us enjoy- exercising is definitely NOT one of them!! we're still working on finding something- you know- besides keep having kids. hahahahahahahaha!!!!!! you keep it up though!!! get some good music on your ipod and keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the Darbys and the Joyners do seem to be excellent at creating babies. But for now, I'll stick with running and the leave the birthing to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete