June 22, 2011

Why Did I Wait So Long to Read This Book?!

I'm not sure exactly what I thought Heaven is For Real was about, but this week my boss mentioned how great it was. For some reason, I'd written it off as a cutesy little fictional story, but I have no clue why. When I heard that it was about a little boy who had actually experienced Heaven, I was intrigued to say the least.

I stopped by Target (where else?) and picked up a copy yesterday afternoon. Before bed, I told Greg, "I'm just going to read a couple chapters before I go to sleep." Yeah, I read the entire book. Cover to cover. I've never read anything like it.

To read about this little boy's time with Jesus, the Holy Spirit and relatives that he'd never met on Earth was enough to give me goosebumps. Then to see how his experience in Heaven transformed how he lived his life--even as a preschooler--was enough to bring tears to my eyes on more than one occasion. Bravo to his parents for allowing him to reveal his story as slowly as he needed to, without rushing, prodding, interrogating or exploiting the true miracle he had been given.

I don't want to say too much because I'd hate to give anything away, but let's just say that if you're a believer, this book will undoubtedly affirm your faith and make you even more excited to get to Heaven. If you're not a believer, reading this book may cause you to think about things differently and even open up the idea of becoming a Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment