July 26, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last night, I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies, but I wanted to mix it up a bit. I made some changes and substitutions to the recipe to make it a healthier alternative to traditional chocolate chip cookies. But this particular attempt still included butter and (of course!) chocolate chips, so it's not healthy, just slightly healthier.

Here's the recipe, and the things I changed are in bold.

Mix the following ingredients and set aside:
  • 2 1/4 cups of flour (I used 2 cups of whole wheat flour.)
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
In another bowl, beat the following with mixer:
  • 3/4 cup sugar (I used 3/4 cup of raw honey.)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar 
  • 1 cup softened butter (Next time, I'll try applesauce instead!)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
Gradually add in flour mixture, then add two cups of chocolate chips. I also added about 1/2 cup of flax seed meal. Bake in preheated oven at 375 for 8 to 9 minutes or until golden brown. All in all, they were pretty yummy! I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of honey, but it's a great alternative to sugar. I've read a good bit about the agave nectar vs. raw honey debate, and so far I'm sticking with raw honey.


Not the most beautiful cookies, but they taste good!

No comments:

Post a Comment