July 19, 2011

Yummy Stir Fry

I've been trying to find new ways to cook with lentils because they have so many health benefits, but I also have to be honest with myself about the fact that I'm a picky eater. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not the type who gets excited over vegetables. However, the more I cook with them, the more I like the dishes I come up with!

So, I've been looking for recipes where I can toss in lentils and add other veggies for some extra nutrition. Last night, I tried a stir fry that turned out very good! I forgot to take a picture, but that's probably OK, as it didn't look too beautiful.

Ingredients (You could probably throw in whatever you like, but these are just the things I used.)
Chicken breast (I cut up about 3 small ones.)
Brown rice (2 servings)
4 Egg whites
Carrots
Broccoli
Peas
Lentils
Soy sauce
  1. Cook lentils and rice, then set aside.
  2. Scramble egg whites, then set aside.
  3. Heat olive oil (along with sea salt, garlic, pepper, etc.) on the stove, then add in the veggies to sautee for bit.
  4. Add in cut up chicken and sear until cooked all the way through.
  5. Add egg whites and brown rice and mix it all up until it's nice and hot!
  6. Top it off by adding soy sauce--enough for your personal taste.
Voila! We all loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment