December 4, 2013

37 Weeks

How Far Along: 37 weeks! As of tomorrow, we're exactly two weeks away (or less) from meeting Baby J. At this week's check-up, the c-section was officially scheduled for December 19 at noon. Macey's c-section was at noon, too, so these two could end up being born at the same time. Wouldn't that be crazy? Her official entrance into the world was 12:39 p.m.

No matter what, this baby just can't decide to show up before Friday night because my dad and brother are out of town until then!

Baby is the size of: A winter melon. Basically, at this point, I think babies sizes must range a ton because every website says something different. Let's just say, Baby J's probably at least 19-20 inches and at least 6 1/2 pounds! From here on out, baby will just keep packing on the weight at a rate of about 1/2 an ounce each day. Oh, how I love a chubby baby!

Sleep: The past couple nights have been great, especially last night. I had a prenatal massage yesterday afternoon, and last night was the first night in a couple months that my hips haven't ached as I was trying to fall asleep. I'm counting down the days until I can sleep on my stomach again. How heavenly that day will be...

Symptoms: Definitely rocking the pregnant lady waddle, which isn't surprising given the baby's low position. As of Monday's check-up, I still hadn't started dilating, but the baby's position is even lower. I guess right now everything is just pretty typical...daily Braxton Hicks contractions, achy hips, pretty sleepy in the evenings...

Movement: Still pretty active little thing! But these days I feel more wiggles and rolls than actual jabs and kicks.

Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity clothes. My favorites lately are leggings with baggy t-shirts!

Go-to eats: I haven't been as hungry lately; I guess the baby's taking up so much room that my stomach can't get too full.

Best moment of the week: Making a little baby countdown calendar for the kids. They take turns each day removing a number, and as of today we're 15 days away! It's a fun way for them to be involved, and I think it's especially helping Macey comprehend how much time is left a little more. I also packed my hospital bag over the weekend, which is always exciting. It's funny how much changes--I packed so much less for me and baby than when I was having my first!

Gender: I'm back on the boy train, but we shall see soon!

What I’m looking forward to: This isn't baby-related, but I'm really excited about this weekend because we have breakfast with Santa plans. The kids are so looking forward to it, and I am, too! I just hope this ridiculous ice storm they're predicting doesn't come to pass. I mean really, who has time for ice all over the roads?

No comments:

Post a Comment