December 11, 2013

38 Weeks


How Far Along: 38 weeks! We are eight days away from meeting this sweet baby! Unbelievable...

Baby is the size of: A pumpkin. That just sounds ridiculous...have you ever seen a baby come out as round as a pumpkin? As per usual, I think at this point all the various baby websites should say, "Your guess is as good as mine!" when it comes to the weight because my favorite site says, "anywhere from 6.2 to 9.2 pounds." Quite a range. Probably around 20-ish inches.

Sleep: Pretty good! Except for Saturday night. I went to bed and was fast asleep by 8:30 p.m. (hallelujah!), BUT I was wide awake for the day at about 3:30 a.m. Ridiculous. I just got up, cleaned the kitchen and watched about 74 episodes of Say Yes to the Dress until Greg woke up, too.

Symptoms: My belly gets in the way often these days. At my check-up this week, all was well. No dilation yet, but things are thinning and the head is lower, so even if a c-section wasn't scheduled for next week, we'd probably be meeting our sweet baby soon.

Movement: Definitely different now. Baby is getting big and running out of room. I still feel him/her every day, but it's obvious when baby's probably sleeping because there's no movement, then during wake-up time I can feel rolls and stretches, not so much kicks.

Maternity Clothes: As much as I love maternity clothes (I could wear stretchy jeans for the rest of my life), I'm kind of tired of my options. I'm sure all pregnant women feel like this toward the end, but nothing ever fits just right, and I've worn it all a million times. Oh well, I'd sacrifice fashion for a precious baby any day!

Go-to eats: I haven't been as hungry lately; I guess the baby's taking up so much room that my stomach can't get too full. However, I still just want sweets 24/7. I'm crossing my fingers that will subside soon!

Best moment of the week: Not baby-related, but over the weekend we were able to go to Breakfast with Santa at Cedar Hill Farms, and it was AMAZING. The kids loved it, and the entire breakfast was so well done. It was a really awesome morning.

Gender: I'm still on the boy train, but we shall see soon! Although this week, both kids have been saying it's a "Sadie Marie," so they're thinking girl now!

What I’m looking forward to: Hmmm...we have a few family festivities coming up this week/weekend, which are always fun. Plus, the kids' Christmas program at school is Friday, and I cannot wait for that! It was so precious last year when Macey was in it, and it'll be even more fun this year with both of the kids up there singing their little hearts out. In the baby realm, I'm excited for the weekend because it'll be our very last weekend as a family of just four. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment