January 12, 2011

My Little Honeydew

Today marks week 35 of pregnancy AND 35 days until his due date. Exciting, huh? Still feeling good! The Braxton Hicks contractions are coming more often, but not at all regularly or close together. Still haven't packed the hospital bag, but I have great intentions of doing that next weekend after a baby shower for our sweet boy.

This week I stumbled on a site all about acupressure to induce labor. I know it is definitely too early to attempt to induce labor, but it has been so interesting to read about this stuff! You better believe once he's full term I'll be trying this out. I'm too curious not to!

According to BabyCenter.com:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment