February 2, 2011

Shockingly Close to the End

Wow--today I am officially 38 weeks pregnant. I'm so anxious to meet Mr. Easton, it's driving me crazy! Sometimes I feel like he'll be here so, so soon, and other times I feel like he'll never arrive. Technically, I know he could arrive any day now, but it's so tough to not just sit around and think, "When? When? When?" all day long.

The BabyCenter.com post this week talks about babies' eye colors, and I think that's interesting. I fully expect this little guy to have bright blue eyes like his big sister and his daddy. My eyes are blue/green, but most of my life they've been quite blue, just a little darker than Greg and Macey's.

According to BabyCenter.com:
Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment