May 11, 2011

Dead Camera, Baby Weight and Exercise, Oh My!

First of all, I have to apologize that there are no new pictures. Our camera died! Literally, just bit the dust and won't even turn on. I'm trying to do some research to find a good, reliable camera that won't cost me too much. Until then, no photos. My goal is to have on by May 17, a.k.a...Easton's THREE MONTH birthday because of course I have to take his monthly photo!

Baby weight. Yuck. Fortunately I have two things on my side this time around. I didn't gain as much weight while I was pregnant with Easton, and I'm feeling much more motivated to drop the weight this time around. After having Macey, my weight loss attitude was much more, "I'll get around to that later..." However, I've been making little changes here and there ever since Easton was born. I'm very proud to say that I've lost nearly 40 pounds since the day I had Easton. I have a lot more I want to get rid of!

I've recently started Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred DVD, and it's tough! I'm seeing results already, but I've got a long way to go. My next goal is to find a gently used double jogging stroller that I can find on the cheap so I can take the kids for walks/runs/jogs. Our double stroller is definitely more suited for trips to the store or relaxing walks to the park, not exercise.

I've also been trying to cook differently...just small changes because I am far from being a foodie or a health nut, although it wouldn't hurt to be a little more of a health nut! It's important to me that Macey and Easton see Greg and I as active parents, and I really want them to be well-rounded eaters. So far, Macey is a great little eater! Last night's dinner consisted of baked salmon, brown rice and corn on the cob...she ate every bit! The benefits of planing my weekly meals not only include less stress about meals, but I also choose some healthier options when I plan ahead to include veggies!

Feel free to share some easy, healthy meals because I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment