May 30, 2011

Yummy Fruit Fudge Pie!

I love to check out friends' blogs, and recently our friend Melody had a recipe for banana fudge pie on her blog. I couldn't wait to try it out, and a Memorial Day get together seemed like the perfect time!

I made a couple minor changes, only out of necessity. For one, I didn't think I had enough Cool Whip, so I made my own from scratch! (Super easy concoction of heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla.) Also, we're fruit lovers, so I added strawberries for taste and looks. Next time, I think I'll try other fruits out, too! (Still contemplating adding some chocolate drizzle...)

Can't wait to dig in!
Banana Fudge Pie recipe from Melody's Blog:
1 pie crust
3/4 c. chocolate chips
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. sugar
3 bananas

In small pan on stove top, melt chips slowly,turn off heat and add eggs, sugar and stir. Add 1 cup of the Cool Whip and mix well. Pour into pie shell and bake at 350 degrees until top springs back or toothpick comes out clean (about 20 to 25 minutes). Cool pie, then add bananas (sliced) and Cool Whip. Keep refrigerated. I typically top with mini chips and a few more bananas too.

I went back later and added a dark chocolate drizzle! So, so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment