October 23, 2013

31 Weeks!


 How Far Along: 31 weeks. Wow.

Baby is the size of: A pineapple. About 16 inches long and a little more than 3 pounds.

Sleep: By the time dinner and baths are done, I am so very much looking forward to bed. Still takes me some time to fall asleep, and I wake up often thanks to potty breaks or kiddos needing something, but it's just preparing me for the feeding sessions with a newborn! :-)

Symptoms: This past week, the Braxton Hicks contractions haven't been nearly as frequent. I've had some, but not daily. Other than that (and some hip pain), everything's moving along quite nicely.

Movement: Very frequent. I feel like this child must already be big because the movements happen all across my belly. Lots of elbow scrapes, which are the weirdest feeling ever. Macey was 7 pounds even and Easton was 8 pounds 6 ounces, so I'm mentally preparing for a 9 pounder, just because in my non-medical opinion it seems like they'll just keep getting bigger!

Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity clothes, but my favorite clothes are my comfy lounging and/or work out clothes.

Go-to eats: Right now, nothing in particular, but I'm almost always at least a little big hungry.

Best moment of the week: Last night, Macey said, "Come on, mommy. Come on, Sadie. Let's go upstairs!" I said, "Macey, you do remember this might be a little boy right?" Some days she's still not convinced that there could be a boy in this belly!

Gender: Although I'm still thinking boy, I can also fully admit that it just might be because a lot of friends and loved ones think it's a boy, so it's easy to jump on that train. This weekend, we're going to pull down the newborn clothes from the attic and start getting some things ready so we'll be prepared for our Sadie or our Hayden.

What I’m looking forward to: Still pretty excited about Nov. 1 so that I can officially say, "Our baby will be here next month!" That makes it seem so very, very real. I'm also getting a little anxious to go ahead and schedule the c-section because I realized that the kids' Christmas program and school parties are very close to when the c-section will likely happen, and I don't want to miss out on any of that! Of course, if this baby comes on its own, we'll have to figure it all out, but I'll feel better when I can get it on the schedule avoiding those dates.

1 comment: