October 3, 2013

Updates From the Doc

Today's check-up went great! Passed the glucose test (thank goodness), got both the flu and TDAP shots (didn't hurt, thank goodness) and my blood pressure was a perfect 120/80.

While all of that was just great, the best part was an extra long ultrasound thanks to the fact that there was a student technician who needed to do extra measurements and whatnot for class requirements. I was more than happy to oblige.

Baby looks great! Solid heart rate of 155 BPM and weighing in at 2 pounds, 10 ounces, which is very average at this point. Overall, the baby is still measuring a little ahead of schedule, but still no discussion of moving my due date up.

Baby J has already started his/her "practice" breathing exercises, which I always find so interesting. Basically, babies in the womb don't breathe in the sense that we're accustomed to, but they build up their lung function by inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid. This starts at some point in the third trimester, but it's different for every baby. I'm very happy to know this sweet one has already started because that would be very helpful if he/she decided to arrive early.

The only downsides?
  1. I completely forgot about asking for ultrasound pictures!
  2. I was either misinformed or confused (probably just confused) because I don't start bi-weekly visits yet. Kind of a bummer, but not a huge deal. I'll go back on Halloween and then start going every other week.

No comments:

Post a Comment