November 24, 2010

The Final Countdown

TODAY begins my third and final trimester! That means in 12 weeks or less, we'll meet Mr. Baby Boy Joyner. Although he has no name, he's starting to build up a little wardrobe! Our friend Carol found some of the sweetest baby boy clothes while on vacation, and I found some gender neutral outfits that Macey never wore when she was a little baby. I also found 5 or 6 boy outfits that I bought before we knew that Macey was a girl.

We have no new developments in his nursery, but hopefully we'll make a little more progress during this long holiday weekend. (I do not shop on Black Friday, unless it's online, so my Friday is wide open for Christmas and nursery decorating.)

According to BabyCenter.com this week:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.


Weird...
Yesterday, I took (and passed) the awful glucose test. I must say, the orange flavor drink was much better than the lemon lime, so I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever take another glucose test in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment