November 10, 2010

Not Just Any Cucumber...

But an English Hothouse Cucumber. (I can't make this stuff up!) I'm 26 weeks along, which means just 14 weeks left...still no name. :-) More and more people seem to think that we secretly have a name picked out that we just don't want to share. If you know me well enough, you know I'm a pretty terrible secret keeper, especially when I'm excited. Trust me, everyone will know when he has an official name!

My inability to keep secrets goes way back. I remember being pretty young and visiting my great-grandmother in Florida one summer. Father's Day was coming up, so we went shopping, and I picked out a new wallet for my dad. He kept saying, "What'd ya get me for Father's Day?" knowing I'd crack, and I kept trying my hardest to keep my mouth shut. Then, as we were walking into Grandma Gill's house, I said, "I'm going to run in and hide this wallet!" Of course, my dad was standing right there and heard it! If I remember correctly, he acted like he didn't hear...but I know he did! Me and secrets, no bueno. But I'm getting better in my old age!

Just like every night about this time, Macey is snoozing away, while Baby J is kicking and moving like a wild man. Most days, I don't really slow down and relax until about 8:30 or 9, so that's when I feel that little cucumber swimming, flipping, kicking, etc. He's starting to kick pretty hard so Greg has gotten to feel him a few times. That's always fun!


According to BabyCenter.com:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.
I don't know about you, but I think this just looks like a plain ol' cucumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment