December 1, 2010

29 Weeks and Counting

This update has some exciting details to report. Baby J now has a name...Easton Paul. And our sweet boy's room is coming together quite nicely. I feel like we've taken our precious time, but I think things are looking good!

At some point during our long Thanksgiving weekend, I took some small toys and books that Macey has never once played with and moved them into Easton's room. We haven't gotten him any lovies or toys just yet, so his shelves were looking a little bare. Not long later, we watched as Macey walked her little self into his room, took those particular things off the shelf and put them back in her room! This should get very interesting...

According to BabyCenter.com this week:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Trust me, I have no problem stocking this baby up on calcium. If I let myself, I could probably finish a gallon of milk in a few days all on my own!


I could have sworn we'd already had this vegetable...

No comments:

Post a Comment