December 15, 2010

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana?

When you were little how many times did you torture your parents by doing the banana/orange knock-knock joke? If you were like me, then the answer would be about a million times.

Today, I'm 31 weeks along! For those of you keeping track, that's 9 weeks away from the official due date and about 6.5 weeks away from my prediction of when he'll actually be born. Again, I have no reason for thinking he'll be born January 30 or 31, I just keep thinking he'll be a January baby!

According to BabyCenter.com:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

"He's probably moving a lot, too." Hehehehe, this child is like a freakin' ninja. If he turns out anything like his sister, they will be the fastest little whirlwinds you've ever met! I love the part about him heading into a growth spurt. Who doesn't love a chubby baby?! Macey was 7 pounds even and 20 inches long when she was born, so I wonder if he'll be bigger, smaller or about the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment