September 4, 2013

24 Weeks

TERRIBLE picture of me, but with Macey feeling under the weather and Greg trying to run out of the house to meet a friend for dinner, I didn't have time for many options. Yuck.
How Far Along: Today, I'm 24 weeks exactly.

Baby is the size of: An ear of corn (About 12 inches long and a little more than a pound)

Sleep: Over the nice, long Labor Day weekend, I got lots of great rest! So this week, I've felt very good. It still can take some time to find a comfortable position to fall asleep, but all in all--not bad.

Total Weight Gain: I've been avoiding getting on the scale this week, but I'll have to break down and do it tomorrow morning before my check-up. I like to be prepared before I hop on the scale in front of others at the doctor's office!

Symptoms: Nothing major...but a rapidly expanding mid-section. However, in the past week I did start experiencing good ol' Braxton Hicks contractions. Some have been worse than others.

Movement: Lots of movement! He/she is a busy little thing.

Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity clothes, but my favorite clothes are my comfy lounging and/or work out clothes. None of those are maternity, they're just stretching out with me. :-)

Go-to eats: Pizza still always sounds delicious, which was true when I was pregnant with Easton, too. Sweets have been a big weakness, which has been disappointing because they weren't very tempting before week 20!

Best moment of the week: Greg feeling the baby move for the first time, and officially starting September! I feel like we're really getting close now; 15 weeks or less, and we'll be meeting our precious new baby.

Gender: No idea. I used to feel pretty confident that it was a boy, now I don't really have a strong feeling either way.

What I’m looking forward to: Hmmm...let's see. October because of my birthday, but I guess that's a selfish thing to look forward to and not exactly baby-related. Because of my weekend of Braxton Hicks, I'm slightly more anxious to get farther along to a point where the baby would be OK if I went into labor. With my first two, they were perfectly snug in my belly for the long haul, and I'm hopeful this one is, too! However, the logical part of me knows that the more frequent Braxton Hicks contractions are probably just a result of being busy and not taking enough time to rest. AND they still haven't even been that frequent compared to what I'm sure other people experience, just different for me. Thankfully, I have a check-up tomorrow, so I can chat about it with my doctor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment